Have you put much thought into your thank you page? You know, that page that pops up after someone opts in to your offer, subscribes to your list, and/or makes a purchase?
Most people have a simple “Thank you for subscribing/purchasing/etc!” or a basic confirmation that the order went through.
That’s fine, but it’s also the bare minimum you can do. There are lots of ways to optimize your thank you page that can draw in potential customers even more, making you more money or gaining more followers.
What should a thank you page include?
- A thank you and/or confirmation. Keep it short and sweet. You want to assure them that the action they took went through correctly.
- A call to action. Ask them to take one more step with you. More on this later!
- Instructions for what to do next. Should they check their email? Click a link to download? How do they actually do the call to action you chose?
How to get more mileage from your Thank You page.
This is where an amazing call-to-action (CTA) comes in handy! This person, your new subscriber, customer, or follower, has trusted you with their email address. They already like you and your content/products!
If you fail to offer them more, you’re missing out on the potential for more sales or for nurturing a more loyal relationship.
Some CTAs you can include on a thank you page:
- A low-cost, potentially limited-time, purchase to complement the freebie they downloaded.
- A link to a blog post or series of posts that they might find valuable.
- An easy option to share or follow you on social media.
- An offer to create an account or join a loyalty club.
- A survey to complete or place to leave a review.
- A reminder to whitelist your email address + simple instructions for how to do so.
- Links to a recommended webinar or event.
- An embedded video with complementary or “insider” content.
- An invitation to join your online community, like a free Facebook group or a paid members-only area.
- A link to listen or subscribe to your podcast or Youtube channel.
The possibilities for a great CTA are only limited by your imagination – think about what makes the most sense for your audience. What’s the next logical step for a person to take with you? Offer that to them, and make it simple for them to take you up on it!
Adding social proof
Some people choose to include social proof on their thank you page. Think testimonials, screenshots of online reviews, and/or photos of people happily using your products. There are a few reasons this can be a great idea:
- After someone makes a purchase, social proof can prevent buyer’s remorse. It adds a layer of confirmation that they’ve made a wise choice.
- It encourages the person that there’s value to staying on your email list or attending the webinar.
- It shows them that other people find your content valuable and makes them excited to share and/or read more.
- Social proof adds to your authority and positions you as an expert in your niche.
If you’ve neglected your thank you page up until now, you’re not alone! It’s time to give it a refresh and make it work harder for you. A thoughtful thank you page can earn you more leads, money, and followers. So what are you waiting for??